Indian Coast Guard : Opportunity for 10 + 2 pass with Maths and Physics and Matriculates to Join as Enrolled Personnel (02/2012 Batch)
Applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) and Navik (Domestic Branch) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
Eligibility Criteria :
For the Post of : Navik (General Duty)
* 10+2 / equivalent examination with 60% marks in aggregate with Maths and Physics as subjects and atleast one of these subjects: Chemistry / Biology /Computer Science from an education board recognised by Central / State Government.
Age : Born Between 01 Aug 90 to 31 Jul 94. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
For the Post of : Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward)
* 10th Class pass with 50% marks in aggregate from an education board recognised by Central / State Government.
Age : Born between 01 Oct 90 to 30 Sep 94. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates)
Selection Procedure :
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Fitness in the Medical Examinations.
Written Test :
1) Mental Ability Test (Verbal and Non-Verbal) of 30 minutes duration each for Navik (GD) only. Mental Ability Test (Non-Verbal) of 30 minutes duration for Navik(DB).
2) Objective Type, written exam in bilingual where applicable (Hindi & English). The question paper consists of English, Science, Maths and General Knowledge. Duration of examination Written Test – 01 Hour. The candidates are required to pass in all the tests.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT) :
All those who pass the written test will be subjected to the PFT.
* PFT will consist of 1.6 km run to be completed in 6 minutes 30 seconds.
* 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
* 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Candiadtes clearing the Written and PFT will appear for interview.
The basic training for Navik (General Duty) will commence in Aug 2012 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Training for Navik (DB) will commence in Oct 2012. Branch / trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
How To Apply :
Applications can be download from the Indian Coast Guard website www.indiancoastguard.nic.in
* The application is to be submitted on plain paper in the form appended below (type written in English/Hindi) and is to be sent to the address of Zonal recruitment centers.
* The Domicile State, type of entry, choice of centre and percentage of 10th marks for Navik(DB) and 12th for Navik(GD) board examination is to be clearly written on the top of the envelope.
* Attested copies (not returnable) of certificates as proof of age, educational qualifications including statement of marks, caste certificate (SC,ST,OBC as per Govt. of India format), NCC, Sports and a seld-addressed (unstamped) envelope of size 22 X 10 cms are to be attached with the application. All enclosures must be pinned/tagged with the application.
* Request for change of examination centre/date will not be entertained.
* Use of Mobile phones will not be permitted during examination.
* Character certificate (issued six months prior to exam/interview).
* Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02/03 days at test centers under own arrangements. No daily allowance will be admissible.
* Candidates are required to submit one additional recent colored passport size photograph along with the application.
Note : Attesting Officer’s name with Office Address and seal should be clearly legible.
Important Dates :
Last Date of Receipt of Applications : 09 Jan 2012
For Candidates from North East Regions (Assam, Medhalayam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura Sikkim) and Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep & Kavarati Islands : 16 Jan 2012